Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default How do I update information from a paste special?

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Silly question but when you have the Paste Special dialog open for the
initial insert, you did click the Paste Link button?
DeanH

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Yes I made sure to select the Paste Link button and as a file not an HTML
Document Obect. The file is not updating in the document once it is inserted.

Thanks,

Chris

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Instead of Paste Special, have you tried the other insertion method, Insert
Object, Create from File, check the Link to File (and display as icon)?
--
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

I just tried that and no luck. Anytime I update the image it and save it with
the same name, Word does not update file regardless if I save it and re-open
it or if I use ctrl-a and F9.

Thanks,

Chris Sanders

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have a look under Edit, Links, do you these ths file you are inserting, is
the Update Now button active? What happens if you press this?
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Where would that be in 2007? I have looked all over and can't seem to find
it. Sorry not trying to be difficult.

Thanks,

Chris

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file (even though it is
saved in the same location with the same name) it is not updating in Word
2007. I have tried Alt and f9 and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is
not updating. I have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be
cached somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the Office button, then the Prepare item. "Edit Links to Files" is at
the bottom of the menu that appears to the right.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Chris" wrote:

I am inserting a file into Word and when I update the file
(even though it is saved in the same location with the same
name) it is not updating in Word 2007. I have tried Alt and f9
and highlighting it and pressing f9 but it is not updating. I
have also tried it on Word 2003 as well. It seems to be cached
somewhere and not allowing it to update without replacing the
file.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Paste Special jojo_12 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 22nd 08 01:09 AM
paste special Colleen Page Layout 1 September 28th 07 10:39 AM
Where can I find the old "Paste Special" (Edit/Paste Special)? Jacques Microsoft Word Help 1 June 6th 06 04:24 PM
Paste Special mcp6453 Microsoft Word Help 9 April 30th 06 12:52 AM
What is the difference in using 'paste' and 'paste special'? butchkn Microsoft Word Help 5 February 21st 05 06:40 PM