Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Default Import 80+ pg document into Word 2007

How do I import an 80+ pg .pdf document into a Word 2007 template? I've tried

Insert Tab -- Text -- Object -- Create From File -- Browse to the file.

The result is the 1st page of the file is imported and nothing else. What
is the right way to import an entire document into a word template?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The Insert Text part is ok, but DO NOT just click the Object button.
Instead, click the down arrow on the right edge of that button to display a
two-item menu, and choose Text From File. Then browse for the file.

That's an entirely different command than creating an "object", which can't
span a page break. (If you've used Word 2003 or earlier, this command is the
old Insert File, which is not the same as Insert Object.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Renee B. wrote:
How do I import an 80+ pg .pdf document into a Word 2007 template?
I've tried

Insert Tab -- Text -- Object -- Create From File -- Browse to the
file.

The result is the 1st page of the file is imported and nothing else.
What is the right way to import an entire document into a word
template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Jay says - Objects cannot span pages. PDF is not a compatible Word format
so may only be inserted as an object while it remains in that format. Your
options are to convert it to a Word document or to split it into several one
page PDFs, which would be impractical for an 80 page PDF.

You could convert the Word part to PDF and use a PDF creation tool that
allows combining PDF documents (such as Acrobat) to combine the PDF from
your document with the 80 page jobby.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee B. Renee B. is offline

Thanks Graham! Now I know that it can't be done in Word alone. Hopefully the
tool will allow me to do an overlay. I'll check into acrobat cs4 pro. I've
been meaning to get it so I guess it's time to quit putting it off.

Thanks Again!