Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caswb caswb is offline

Default Envelopes printing in blue? Default setting is BLACK

Using MS Word 2002, mY default setting is Black but my envelopes are always
printing in Blue. It's only with the envelopes, my letters are printing in
Black just fine.

What can I do?

TYIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Change the color of your font on the envelopes to black instead of
Automatic.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"caswb" wrote in message
Using MS Word 2002, mY default setting is Black but my envelopes are
always
printing in Blue. It's only with the envelopes, my letters are printing
in
Black just fine.

What can I do?

TYIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caswb caswb is offline

Thank you for the reply. I just changed it to black but it still printed in
Blue... This problem is only on my profile. The other profile prints in
Black just fine but no matter what I do it always prints in blue... uggg

It's a Lexmark X1140 printer...

"caswb" wrote in message
Using MS Word 2002, mY default setting is Black but my envelopes are
always
printing in Blue. It's only with the envelopes, my letters are printing
in
Black just fine.

What can I do?

TYIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For reasons unknown, some printers print envelopes and other small paper
sizes using composite black (made up of the inks in the color cartridge)
instead of true black. If you are running out of some of the inks, you will
end up with blue, green, red, etc., envelopes.

"caswb" wrote in message
Using MS Word 2002, mY default setting is Black but my envelopes are

always
printing in Blue. It's only with the envelopes, my letters are printing

in
Black just fine.

What can I do?

TYIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caswb caswb is offline

Thanks once again for your reply.

It can't be this because it is printing my actual letter in black.

Typed my letter and from there created my envelope. Pressed print -
switched the default to black as was advised in an earlier suggestion. The
letter came out black - then I put my envelope in to print and it came out in
a blue.

I even tried printing the "envelope" using a plain white sheet of paper but
it came out in blue. This only happens on my profile - the other profile
words fine - black for the letter and envelope. Both profiles are set up
exactly the same.

I guess there is no solution other than to hand write my envelopes. Crazy
for sure.

I appreciate your help in trying to fix this.

"caswb" wrote in message
Using MS Word 2002, mY default setting is Black but my envelopes are

always
printing in Blue. It's only with the envelopes, my letters are printing

in
Black just fine.

What can I do?

TYIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Aside from the profile issue, nothing you have said contradicts what I said:
your letter prints in black because it's not an envelope. When you print the
envelope on a sheet of paper, it prints in blue because the printer thinks
it's an envelope.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For reasons unknown, some printers print envelopes and other small paper
sizes using composite black (made up of the inks in the color cartridge)
instead of true black. If you are running out of some of the inks, you

will
end up with blue, green, red, etc., envelopes.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.