Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cleveland Thornton Cleveland Thornton is offline

Default Remove style set I have created

How do I remove all the styles and the name of the style set that I have
created?

Cleveland Thornton
15 Second Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002-7301
202-370-1803 (Office)
202-478-0156 (Fax)

Cleveland Thornton
15 Second Street, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002-7301

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:07:40 -0400, "Cleveland Thornton"
wrote:

How do I remove all the styles and the name of the style set that I have
created?

If you used the command Save As Quick Style Set at the bottom of the
Style Set menu, then it was saved as a template file (*.dotx) in the
folder %appdata%\Microsoft\QuickStyles.

Close Word. Delete that template file or move it to another folder.
Reopen Word, and the style set will be gone.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cleveland Thornton Cleveland Thornton is offline

I did a search for all dotx files and finally found the offending dotx file.
I removed it and it was then gone from MS Word Quick Style list, as you said
it would. I am using Vista and Word 2007. I had searched in the directory
where the dotx was supposed to be but it was not there. I had to do a
search for all files, whether indexed or not, to find it.

Thank very much for your help.