Scott

Default Tracking Form Drop Down list

I accidentally turned on the Word Tracking Changes feature when creating a
document using form drop downs. After receving the replies back, the
tracking shows "Field Code Changed" but no value for the drop downs (which
have also disappeared). I tried doing the ALT-F9 Stuff to view the codes and
stuff and it tells me "FORMDROPDOWN" with some boxes after it. Is there any
way to get the value the drop down was changed to?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2NvdHQ=?=,

I accidentally turned on the Word Tracking Changes feature when creating a
document using form drop downs. After receving the replies back, the
tracking shows "Field Code Changed" but no value for the drop downs (which
have also disappeared). I tried doing the ALT-F9 Stuff to view the codes and
stuff and it tells me "FORMDROPDOWN" with some boxes after it. Is there any
way to get the value the drop down was changed to?

No, I don't believe there is, at least, not directly. You could use a macro that
fires on exiting the dropdown to write the value into a directly adjacent form
field. The macro would then select a "space" entry from the dropdown list so
that it "disappears". More on this approach in the forms section on my website.

Anothe approach would be to not use a dropdown, just a textbox, and trigger a
macro to show a UserForm with the list on entering the text field.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)