Trying2Learn

Default How can I Hide Gridline everytime doc is opened?

Hello there

I've a Word 2003 document that contains tables. With the option Show
Gridline ON (TablesShow Gridline), I can obviously see gridlines. But as
these don't really
look promising when say an employer opens your CV (and when they've
their Show Gridline option on).

Now my question is: How can I make sure that whoever opens the file my
doc doesnt show gridlines?

Thanks in advance.

Kappa
CyberTaz

As long as the content is in a table & the OP uses the creating application
to open the file, there isn't a specific setting to prevent the gridlines
from showing up. Some other options to consider:

1) Save the file as a PDF or Snapshot & send a copy of that rather than the
Word doc itself, or

2) Select the text in your table & use TableConvertTable to Text and save
a copy for distribution purposes

Others may have additional suggestions, so continue to check back |:)

"Trying2Learn" wrote:

Hello there

I've a Word 2003 document that contains tables. With the option Show
Gridline ON (TablesShow Gridline), I can obviously see gridlines. But as
these don't really
look promising when say an employer opens your CV (and when they've
their Show Gridline option on).

Now my question is: How can I make sure that whoever opens the file my
doc doesnt show gridlines?

Thanks in advance.

Kappa

Jay Freedman

Trying2Learn wrote:
Hello there

I've a Word 2003 document that contains tables. With the option Show
Gridline ON (TablesShow Gridline), I can obviously see gridlines.
But as these don't really
look promising when say an employer opens your CV (and when they've
their Show Gridline option on).

Now my question is: How can I make sure that whoever opens the file my
doc doesnt show gridlines?

Thanks in advance.

Kappa

Use Format Borders & Shading to turn on all table borders and color them
white. That will hide the gridlines, and will be invisible unless the
recipient has changed the background color of their display from white to
some other color.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Trying2Learn

Hello

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. This surely solved the problems that I
was talking about.

Kappa