Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macndaz macndaz is offline

Default clicks to highlight

I want to create a survey to be sent via email. I want the recipients to fill
in and return. How can I insert a 'click here to insert answer'? I have used
it on letter templates before but how do you do it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The easiest way is to use MACROBUTTON fields. They can be used to run
macros; but in this case, we are interested in getting them to display
text that you can easily select by clicking it (even if it consists of
multiple words).

MACROBUTTON fields are used in (some of) the fax templates in Word.
Too see how it looks, create a fax document (via File | New) and then
press Alt+F9 to reveal the field codes.

You'll see the following: { MACROBUTTON NoMacro Click here and type
name }. The {} are field delimiters; they must be inserted by pressing
Ctrl+F9
(you cannot type them in). The NoMacro part refers to a macro; if no
such macro exists, it will be ignored by Word (no error message is
displayed). The rest is the display text.

To insert a MACROBUTTON field at the insertion point, just press
Ctrl+F9; this adds the field delimiters. Type in the MACROBUTTON
NoMacro part, then add the desired display text and press F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"macndaz" wrote in message
I want to create a survey to be sent via email. I want the
recipients to fill
in and return. How can I insert a 'click here to insert answer'? I
have used
it on letter templates before but how do you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"macndaz" wrote in message
I want to create a survey to be sent via email. I want the
recipients to fill
in and return. How can I insert a 'click here to insert answer'? I
have used
it on letter templates before but how do you do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--