Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anurag Hot Anurag Hot is offline

Default how should i recover my disappeared menu bar in MS word?

The menu bar as well as the toolbars of my MS Word documents have vanished
and I'm unable to bring them back? Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

I asked this question some while ago. The answer was along the lines of
'this occurs from time-to-time but we don't what causes it or how to remedy
it'. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Word but to no avail. This
points to a corruption in the Registry. Now, before you go running a
registry checker, there is more 'not so good' news. A Registry checker
could do more harm than good. Whilst I have faith in the one I use
(Registry Mechanic) on my computer I wouldn't guarantee that it will not
screw up your computer even further. On the other hand it may resolve the
Word issue (and a few more) without a fuss. Who knows?

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Anurag Hot" Anurag wrote in message
The menu bar as well as the toolbars of my MS Word documents have vanished
and I'm unable to bring them back? Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Bill / Anurag,

I asked this question some while ago. The answer was along the lines of
'this occurs from time-to-time but we don't what causes it or how to remedy
it'. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Word but to no avail. This
points to a corruption in the Registry.

This article describes how to reset the one Registry key that controls menus
and toolbars. You can back it up first, so that you can get it back:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005/en-us

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org