Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Column setting won't adjust

I'm using Word 2000. I have a template that I have somehow managed to
screw up. I can't figure out how to repair it.

Somehow, I have set something that keeps the column width (the entire
document is one section formatted as one column) for adjusting when I
switch from portrait to landspace orientation.

With most of my documents, if I switch to landscape, the column width
changes to match the margin settings. For this one template, it won't.

Which setting got changed?

Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, making sure
that "Apply to" is set to "Whole document." This will check the "Equal
column width" box, which is the missing ingredient.

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000. I have a template that I have somehow managed to
screw up. I can't figure out how to repair it.

Somehow, I have set something that keeps the column width (the entire
document is one section formatted as one column) for adjusting when I
switch from portrait to landspace orientation.

With most of my documents, if I switch to landscape, the column width
changes to match the margin settings. For this one template, it won't.

Which setting got changed?

Thanks

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:58:32 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One, making sure
that "Apply to" is set to "Whole document." This will check the "Equal
column width" box, which is the missing ingredient.

That did it, thanks so much. I fiddled around with those settings 5-6
times and I thought I tried that, but obviously I didn't.

Is this a common problem? I search the MVP website and didn't find
anything. I used the search phrases: "column width won't adjust" and
"column width text border adjust" and so forth.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000