Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jjtheexcelman jjtheexcelman is offline

Default How do I save a Word file as Excel ??????

I have a word document that I would like to save as an Excel file. then I can
sort the file, make seperate worksheets by subject ..all the processes I know
how to do in Excel. Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

Try doing a copy and paste into Excel. Or, if the document is in regular
tabular formation, do File Save As, in "Save as type" choose .txt, and
then open that in Excel.

In any case, once you're in Excel, you may have to do Data Text to Columns
to get the data nicely lined up in rows and columns.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"jjtheexcelman" wrote in message
I have a word document that I would like to save as an Excel file. then I
can
sort the file, make seperate worksheets by subject ..all the processes I
know
how to do in Excel. Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi

Try doing a copy and paste into Excel. Or, if the document is in regular
tabular formation, do File Save As, in "Save as type" choose .txt, and
then open that in Excel.

In any case, once you're in Excel, you may have to do Data Text to Columns
to get the data nicely lined up in rows and columns.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"jjtheexcelman" wrote in message
I have a word document that I would like to save as an Excel file. then I
can
sort the file, make seperate worksheets by subject ..all the processes I
know
how to do in Excel. Please help!!

Shauna,

It worked!!!!! ( the"save as")...thanks
joe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Joe

I'm glad it worked.

Shauna

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The old Excel converter which allows documents to be saved in Excel format
is linked from the downloads page of my web site.