Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Default Text Box

I am creating a form in Word 2003 using text boxes. Mu difficulty is that I
can not get the text to wrap in the box. If the text exceeds the size of the
text box it will not wrap. I have gone into the properties window for the
text box and specififed that I want the text to wrap - but it will not. ANy
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Right click the edge of the text box and choose Format Text Box. Click the
Text Box tab and ensure that "Word wrap text in AutoShape" is enabled. Take
a look at Resize AutoShape to fit text as well, if you might find that
option useful.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"David" wrote in message
I am creating a form in Word 2003 using text boxes. Mu difficulty is that
can not get the text to wrap in the box. If the text exceeds the size of
the
text box it will not wrap. I have gone into the properties window for the
text box and specififed that I want the text to wrap - but it will not.
ANy
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Hi Herb,

Thanks for the reply. There appears to be two types of text boxes within
Word. One is the text box that is pulled from the Draw button bar. The
other is the one from the form design tool bar. The text box I have in
question is the text Box pulled from the form design button bar. I see what
you are talking about in requards to a regular text box. If you would like,
I could send you the form I have been working on so you can see what I am
talking about.

David

"David" wrote in message
I am creating a form in Word 2003 using text boxes. Mu difficulty is that
can not get the text to wrap in the box. If the text exceeds the size of
the
text box it will not wrap. I have gone into the properties window for the
text box and specififed that I want the text to wrap - but it will not.
ANy
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have a least two threads in different groups on this topic. Please do
not multi-post.
The 'text box' on the forms tool bar is not a text box, but a frame. Text in
frames should wrap normally, however to constrain text a table is a better
option as I responded in one of your other threads.
There is also a control toolbox toolbar in Word. the controls on this
toolbar are not compatible with on-line forms.

"David" wrote in message
I am creating a form in Word 2003 using text boxes. Mu difficulty
is that I
can not get the text to wrap in the box. If the text exceeds the
size of the
text box it will not wrap. I have gone into the properties window
for the text box and specififed that I want the text to wrap - but
it will not. ANy
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Graham,

My form consists of many frames only a couple of which need to wrap. For
the sake of aesthetics I would like to use the frame (what I have been
calling a text box) is it not possible to get the text to wrap? In the
properties portion of the frame, it lists the function "wrap" to which I
entered "true". Please advise €“ and thanks for your help thus far.

Thanks

"David" wrote in message
I am creating a form in Word 2003 using text boxes. Mu difficulty
is that I
can not get the text to wrap in the box. If the text exceeds the
size of the
text box it will not wrap. I have gone into the properties window
for the text box and specififed that I want the text to wrap - but
it will not. ANy
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David David is offline

Discovery!

After entering design mode all one has to do is to select text box /frame /
or text Form Fiels (whatever it is called) and select "true" for multiline
and "true" for word wrap.

Happy day!