Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GY2 GY2 is offline

Default Italics auto text?

What is the easiest way to make sure certain oft-repeated words and phrases
are italicized? I'm thinking about useing auto text or styles but so far I'm
just hitting Ctrl+I before and after each instance--if and when I can
remember that what I'm typing is supposed to be italicized.

Any and all help is much appriciated as always.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

For this it would be best to use AutoCorrect. Select a word or phrase that's
already typed and formatted as you want it. Then go to Tools AutoCorrect
Options. The word or phrase will already be entered in the With box. Click
the "Formatted text" option button just above it; it should now appear in
the box with its formatting. Enter some abbreviation in the Replace box,
using something that wouldn't ordinarily appear by itself in a document.
Click the Add button and then OK.

Any time you type the abbreviation followed by a space or punctuation, it
will automatically be replaced by the formatted phrase.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman