Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ssminus

Default trying to insert movie, but message says 'HTMLInlineVideoCtl'...

I am trying to insert a movie in wmv format in a web-page layout, but when I
click the Movie icon in the webtools menu, the message appears that 'this
object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl and this application is not
available'. What should I do about this ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See €śApplication is not available€ť error messages when you try to insert
some Web Tools in Word 2002 and Word 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299

"ssminus" wrote in message
I am trying to insert a movie in wmv format in a web-page layout, but when

click the Movie icon in the webtools menu, the message appears that 'this
object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl and this application is not
available'. What should I do about this ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Murray

Uhhh - that's a circular reference. It's where you are posting this
message.... 8)

--
Murray
============

"ssminus" wrote in message
I am trying to insert a movie in wmv format in a web-page layout, but when
click the Movie icon in the webtools menu, the message appears that 'this
object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl and this application is not
available'. What should I do about this ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Uncle Joe

One can order a free FrontPage 2003 CD for a thirty-day trial
on the following Microsoft web page:

https://microsoft.order-7.com/consum...ookie%5Ftest=1

Or, one can sign up to test drive FrontPage 2003 online (requires a
broadband connection) on the following Microsoft web page:

http://www.runaware.com/microsoft/frontpage2003/

While researching the FrontPage topics, I discovered that the Office XP
SP3 upgrade is now available from the following Microsoft web page:

I got excited at first but then remembered that I have Office 2003, not Office XP. Drat!

"ssminus" wrote in message
I am trying to insert a movie in wmv format in a web-page layout, but when I
click the Movie icon in the webtools menu, the message appears that 'this
object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl and this application is not
available'. What should I do about this ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Nicholas Savalas - http://savalas.tv

Forget FrontPage errors. Here is the code to embed a .wmv file:

object ID="Player" WIDTH="220" HEIGHT="200"
CLASSID="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"
param name="URL" value="http://example.com/1.wmv"
param name="rate" value="1"
param name="balance" value="0"
param name="currentPosition" value="0"
param name="defaultFrame" value="_top"
param name="playCount" value="1"
param name="autoStart" value="-1"
param name="currentMarker" value="0"
param name="invokeURLs" value="0"
param name="volume" value="50"
param name="mute" value="0"
param name="uiMode" value="full"
param name="stretchToFit" value="-1"
param name="windowlessVideo" value="-1"
param name="enabled" value="-1"
param name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"
param name="fullScreen" value="0"
param name="SAMIStyle" value
param name="SAMILang" value
param name="SAMIFilename" value
param name="captioningID" value
param name="enableErrorDialogs" value="-1"
param name="_cx" value="8467"
param name="_cy" value="7938"
/object

Replace http://example.com/1.wmv your file location. Good luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.frontpage.client,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yvonne Yvonne is offline

Hope you will see this message. Thank you for the below information. Is there
any way in frontpage that I can use the same movie screen, but can view a
couple of movies through clicking on different links? I.E. watching different
news clips on CNN?