Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tb tb is offline

Default annoying line spacing problem...

this started somehow, and i cant fix it: every time I open a new document,
the line will start at the top, like normal, but I press the enter/return key
to skip to the next line, and it skips lines. the text cursor will skip all
the way to the bottom or to the middle of the document (page) with one press
of the return key. I have line spacing set at single, but there is still a
problem with this. to add to the confusion, the lines condense on the page
and enventually get to normal single spacing, with every press of the return
key. i want it to start it single spaced. i already tried "detect and
repair"--it didnt fix the problem. neither did "clear formats." (i am using
word2003 student/teacher edition)
--
tb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word, click on File | Page Setup | Layout tab | Vertical
alignment: Top | Default | Yes | OK. If you are prompted to save
changes to your Normal.dot global template when you exit Word,
say yes.

tb wrote:

this started somehow, and i cant fix it: every time I open a new document,
the line will start at the top, like normal, but I press the enter/return key
to skip to the next line, and it skips lines. the text cursor will skip all
the way to the bottom or to the middle of the document (page) with one press
of the return key. I have line spacing set at single, but there is still a
problem with this. to add to the confusion, the lines condense on the page
and enventually get to normal single spacing, with every press of the return
key. i want it to start it single spaced. i already tried "detect and
repair"--it didnt fix the problem. neither did "clear formats." (i am using
word2003 student/teacher edition)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Clive Byrne Clive Byrne is offline

Thanks a million, ive just posted a question on this. This has been annoying
the life out of me for a good while. I was thinking of reinstalling the
software as a last resort.
"garfield-n-oldie" your an auld star!
Clive.