Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default MS Publisher/Word

Publisher is Publisher, never Word. Publisher was not available on all
editions of Office.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in message
My office disc is dated as Office 2000. I cannot find MS Publisher on
it. Is Word classed as Publisher on an old set up like mine?
pete
--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:36:28 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

Publisher is Publisher, never Word. Publisher was not available on all
editions of Office.

Many thanks. Can it be bought separately in the UK?
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I do *not* recommend using Publisher for websites. Especially since you have
FrontPage. That's like using a shoe to put a nail in a wall when you have a
hammer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:14:43 -0400, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

I can only assume it can be. I'm in the US but since one of my fellow
Publisher MVPs is in the UK, I would think the answer is yes. (This also
assumes you are talking about Pub 2003.)

The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
and that is what made me notice Word. I do have MS Front Page though
so does it make any sense buying Pub 2003 as I presume I can write
plain text and Front Page will turn it into HTML?
pete

--
http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:46:32 +0100 from :
The reason I need it is to make a website. I do not understand HTML
and that is what made me notice Word.

You don't need Publisher to create bad HTML -- Word can do that on
its own. :-)

Seriously, the folks at comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html will tell
you that it's really best to learn some HTML. It's not that hard, and
then your Web site will be viewable on all browsers, without anything
in it that only MSIE can view. The folks in that newsgroup can
recommend some tutorials that will get you going in under a day.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Heck, I can think of a half dozen different programs that could be used to
create bad HTML. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]