Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] guanzhi@gmail.com is offline

Default Printing problem

I downloaded a Word document from the Internet (a legal form) that has
some complicated formatting. After making some changes in Word 2003, I
attempted to print it. It printed but in an extremely small size
(almost microprint). I checked the font and point size settings (mostly
TNR 10 pt and 12 pt) and tried again--same thing. Can someone tell me
what is going on and how I might be able to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

1. I found this suggestion in Google Groups:
Filepage setupmargins to "Default" lower left corner

2. Try updating your printer drivers

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote in message
ps.com...
I downloaded a Word document from the Internet (a legal form) that has
some complicated formatting. After making some changes in Word 2003, I
attempted to print it. It printed but in an extremely small size
(almost microprint). I checked the font and point size settings (mostly
TNR 10 pt and 12 pt) and tried again--same thing. Can someone tell me
what is going on and how I might be able to fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If Track Changes was enabled, then it is printing reduced to allow a larger
margin for the "balloons."

--

This was not just reduced margins. The whole document (which is nearly
a full letter sized page) was printed in the top center and is about 1

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
1. I found this suggestion in Google Groups:
Filepage setupmargins to "Default" lower left corner

2. Try updating your printer drivers

The latest drivers are installed and I have not had the problem with
any other document. In addition, the same document printed normally in
both Word 2004 and WordPerfect 12 after I saved it as RTF.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On 10/21/06 8:54 AM, " wrote:

This was not just reduced margins. The whole document (which is nearly
a full letter sized page) was printed in the top center and is about 1
1/2 X 2 inches.

Sounds like the "pages per sheet" setting in the printer might not be 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If this were the Word 2007 Beta, I could say that this is a known issue, but
for Word 2003, I'm out of ideas unless you have some scaling option set in
the printer Properties (Daiya's suggestion of "Pages per sheet" would be a
possibility if it were not the case that Word resets the Print dialog to the
default settings every time).

wrote in message
ups.com...