Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D Sheila D is offline

Default First Capital field formatting

Can anybody tell me why when my data is in capitals in the data source the
First Capital field format has no effect? I've tried using data from Word
table and Excel spreadsheet and both have the same problem. If I change the
data to lower case in the source then I can use the Frist Capital format. Not
causing me a major problem but seems a little bizarre.... I'm formatting just
by using right mouse, Edit Field then choosing format and using Word 2003.
Thanks for any help
Sheila
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't know /why/ it's like that, but with any luck you may be able to use

{ MERGEFIELD myfield \*lower \*firstcap }

to do what you need.

Peter Jamieson
"Sheila D" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me why when my data is in capitals in the data source the
First Capital field format has no effect? I've tried using data from Word
table and Excel spreadsheet and both have the same problem. If I change
the
data to lower case in the source then I can use the Frist Capital format.
Not
causing me a major problem but seems a little bizarre.... I'm formatting
just
by using right mouse, Edit Field then choosing format and using Word 2003.
Thanks for any help
Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sheila D Sheila D is offline

works a treat Peter, thanks.

Sheila

"Sheila D" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me why when my data is in capitals in the data source the
First Capital field format has no effect? I've tried using data from Word
table and Excel spreadsheet and both have the same problem. If I change
the
data to lower case in the source then I can use the Frist Capital format.
Not
causing me a major problem but seems a little bizarre.... I'm formatting
just
by using right mouse, Edit Field then choosing format and using Word 2003.
Thanks for any help
Sheila

Formatting of a field Tahirah Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 07 07:37 AM
Field Formatting MSU Sptn2 Microsoft Word Help 4 June 8th 06 05:58 AM
formatting field justlearnin Mailmerge 1 March 13th 06 09:10 PM
Formatting field does not format all field data Rolf Barbakken Microsoft Word Help 4 July 24th 05 02:07 PM
Field, and formatting gandalf Page Layout 1 February 18th 05 09:13 AM