Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beshkin beshkin is offline

Default conflicting paper size specification - reduced printing to fit lettersize when all commands show A4

I have adjusted the margins in either Word (Page Setup) and the
Print dialog so that they are compatible, also paper size and
measurement to cm instead of inches to correspond with my needs in
Israel (A4/cms instead of inches).

Everything checks out and sometimes things actually print according to
my commands BUT much of the time the program seems to have a will of
its own and nothing I do can get the program to print according to my
specifications. Finally out of frustration I did print preview first
and found that in spite of the fact that the specifications were made
and appear to continue to be correct the print preview page shows the
document as fully covering the page but shows the page as Letter with
inches and that is how it prints (reduced to fit a letter size page).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Print tab of Tools | Options, do you have "Allow A4/Letter paper
resizing" checked? This check box often causes problems.

http://word.mvps.org

"beshkin" wrote in message
I have adjusted the margins in either Word (Page Setup) and the
Print dialog so that they are compatible, also paper size and
measurement to cm instead of inches to correspond with my needs in
Israel (A4/cms instead of inches).

Everything checks out and sometimes things actually print according to
my commands BUT much of the time the program seems to have a will of
its own and nothing I do can get the program to print according to my
specifications. Finally out of frustration I did print preview first
and found that in spite of the fact that the specifications were made
and appear to continue to be correct the print preview page shows the
document as fully covering the page but shows the page as Letter with
inches and that is how it prints (reduced to fit a letter size page).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beshkin beshkin is offline

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"beshkin" wrote in message

I have adjusted the margins in either Word (Page Setup) and the
Print dialog so that they are compatible, also paper size and
measurement to cm instead of inches to correspond with my needs in
Israel (A4/cms instead of inches).

Everything checks out and sometimes things actually print according to
my commands BUT much of the time the program seems to have a will of
its own and nothing I do can get the program to print according to my
specifications. *Finally out of frustration I did print preview first
and found that in spite of the fact that the specifications were made
and appear to continue to be correct the print preview page shows the
document as fully covering the page but shows the page as Letter with
inches and that is how it prints (reduced to fit a letter size page).- Hide quoted text -

i can't find the the "Print" tab of "Tools | Options" to which you
refer so I can't tell if "Allow A4/Letter paper
resizing" is checked where can i find the tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, find it at Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Print
(with slightly different wording).

http://word.mvps.org

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
beshkin beshkin is offline

"beshkin" wrote in message

[...]

resizing" is checked where can i find the tab?- Hide quoted text -

Yes - Thank You - I found it and unchecked it and the doc printed true
to size - Bless You