bioteacher

Default Values will not keep format from Excel to Word xp mail merge

I need to merge grades from excel to a mailmerge document. In office 2000,
the number held formating. In office xp, the help instructions say to format
the value in word. There is NO ability in word to do that which I can find.
Please fix.
Anne Troy

You fix.
Tools-Options-View and choose field codes. Or hit Alt+F9. This shows you
WHERE you change it. Go here to learn HOW:
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy....htm#NumFormat

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com

"bioteacher" wrote in message
I need to merge grades from excel to a mailmerge document. In office 2000,
the number held formating. In office xp, the help instructions say to

format
the value in word. There is NO ability in word to do that which I can

find.
Please fix.

maryj

We are trying to add the switch for a percent field. We are using:
{={MERGEFIELD Percent}*100\#"0%"}. In Excel the value is 100% (formatted as
percent). In Word we only see the number 1 with no % sign. Are there any
spaces in the field code? If so where? Does it have anything to do with how
it is formatted in Excel?

Thanks so much for your help

bioteacher wrote:
I need to merge grades from excel to a mailmerge document. In office
2000, the number held formating. In office xp, the help instructions
say to format the value in word. There is NO ability in word to do
that which I can find. Please fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Billie Thein Billie Thein is offline

Could you please help me? I have been doing a mail merge from Excel to Word
(2003). I have been reading alot of your posts on using the percentage
field codes and I finally got that part to work with the merge.

Now I have a problem with a syntax error. What I am doing it I have the
following fields in Excel: Collateral Value, % Field, % Recoverable Cost.
The Value in Collateral Value is taken by 70% to come up with the
Recoverable cost. I have 7 different collateral types and values. Some
customers may only need to use one of them while others need more up to the
seven. The first calculations works fine for all of the customers, but
after that, if there really is no collateral, I keep getting a syntax error.

I will also include the formulas that I have entered. In the mail merge:

{ ={MERGEFIELD "M_RE C2"} * 100 \# "0% "}

If this is anything you could help me with, I would greatly appreciate it.
I apologize if you can't understand what it is that I am asking, but I can't
figure out how to ask what I need.

Thanks, Billie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What is the Word field calculation that gives a syntax error?
What is the content of the field(s) that makes up the calculation when the
error occurs.
ie what is the result of the individual field(s) without a formatting
switch?
If it helps, the macro at http://www.gmayor.com/export_field.htm will ensure
your field construction is correctly reproduced to save copying errors.