Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TroyLynne

Default How to separate an envelope and letterhead that are in one documen

I've been given a document that contains a customized envelope and
stationary, both saved in the same document. I need to do a mail merge using
the letterhead. In order to do the mailmerge, I would prefer to separate
the two documents, creating a letterhead document and an envelope document.
I tried this... I opened the document and tried to delete the envelope so I
could save the letterhead as a separate document but WORD won't let me delete
it. I also opened the document and tried to delete the letterhead so I
could save the envelope as a separate docuemnt but WORD won't let me delete
it. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VHJveUx5bm5l?=,

I've been given a document that contains a customized envelope and
stationary, both saved in the same document. I need to do a mail merge using
the letterhead. In order to do the mailmerge, I would prefer to separate
the two documents, creating a letterhead document and an envelope document.
I tried this... I opened the document and tried to delete the envelope so I
could save the letterhead as a separate document but WORD won't let me delete
it. I also opened the document and tried to delete the letterhead so I
could save the envelope as a separate docuemnt but WORD won't let me delete
it.

1. Version of Word?

2. Can you describe how you tried deleting either of these pages? (I assume they
display as separate pages)

3. Can you type or otherwise edit the document?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)