Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike

Default mailmerge from access database using DDE connection?

Is there a way to tell Word to use an old-style DDE connection instead of the
OBDC connection. my particular problem involved the use of coding that I
wrote in a macro to compile a summary of items from different records. It
seems that mailmerge doesnt like my query which contains user-defined
functions. Prior to upgrading word the mailmerge worked without a flaw.
thanks for the help in advance. ~Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mike" wrote in message
Is there a way to tell Word to use an old-style DDE connection instead of
the
OBDC connection. my particular problem involved the use of coding that I
wrote in a macro to compile a summary of items from different records. It
seems that mailmerge doesnt like my query which contains user-defined
functions. Prior to upgrading word the mailmerge worked without a flaw.
thanks for the help in advance. ~Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike

doug, thanks for the quick reply. I have done this and still am running into
problems. it seems like the user defined code that i wrote in visual basics
is the cause of my problems. upon switching to another record in mailmerge
the letter freezes up and takes a long time to switch. any suggestions?

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab

"Mike" wrote in message
Is there a way to tell Word to use an old-style DDE connection instead of
the
OBDC connection. my particular problem involved the use of coding that I
wrote in a macro to compile a summary of items from different records. It
seems that mailmerge doesnt like my query which contains user-defined
functions. Prior to upgrading word the mailmerge worked without a flaw.
thanks for the help in advance. ~Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Maybe you need to change what you are doing in Access so that it creates a
new table which you can use as the datasource.

--

"Mike" wrote in message
doug, thanks for the quick reply. I have done this and still am running
into
problems. it seems like the user defined code that i wrote in visual
basics
is the cause of my problems. upon switching to another record in
mailmerge
the letter freezes up and takes a long time to switch. any suggestions?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General
tab