Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
trainer07

Default How can I troubleshoot a mail merge problem?

I am using Word's mail merge to input data from an Excel spreadsheet. Once I
complete the merge, the results appear in my document, but are highlighted in
grey. It's like mail merge forgot to get rid of the highlights. How can I
fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Balaji

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the mail merge from Excel, I have some fields and
I had merged those fields to a word document via. Mail Merge, in the word
document in addition to the mail merge filed I have some input fields, when I
save the merged document,

1. Every time it is asking for the data source. If I select "NO"
it displays the first value in the Excel sheet and when I try to enter some
values to the input fields means the merged fieldvalue disappearas and it
displayes like field Name without values.

What I want is.

1. Read each line from a EXCEL sheet to a word document and save the word
document to a separate file.doc, in that I should Have the merged filed
without asking for the data source again and again and I should be able to
enter some values int the in put fields.

How to do this?

Any help is very much appreciaed

"trainer07" wrote:

I am using Word's mail merge to input data from an Excel spreadsheet. Once I
complete the merge, the results appear in my document, but are highlighted in
grey. It's like mail merge forgot to get rid of the highlights. How can I
fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

This would indicate that you are only previewing the results and have not
actually executed the merge to a new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"trainer07" wrote in message
I am using Word's mail merge to input data from an Excel spreadsheet. Once
complete the merge, the results appear in my document, but are highlighted
in
grey. It's like mail merge forgot to get rid of the highlights. How can
fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.