Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
BCK_57

Default Spell check when merging

A user has noticed that Excel isn't spell checking his data and when he
merges into Word, it's not picking up the spelling mistakes either.

Is Word supposed to do a spell check of merged data from Excel? If so,
please advise which settings we need to set.

We're using Windows 2000, SP 4, Office 2000, SP 3. Thanks, Katherine
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Merge to a new document, select all (CTRL+A) Tools language set language
and set the required spelling language.
and/or
Check the style of the merge document where the text is inserted has a
proofing option set in the style formatting and use \*charformat on the
mergefield(s) to apply that style to the merged text.

If the second suggestion doesn't work, the first should