Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Artemus

Default Mail Merge from Contacts/Appointments

We're using Office 2003 Professional. What we want to do is merge letters
out to Word from a Contacts Defined view in Outlook.

Our desire is to populate the letter with both Contact data, Name Home
Address, etc. and Appointment data, Start, End, Location. I've associated
the Contacts with the appropriate Appointments by clicking on the Contacts
link in the lower left-hand corner of the Appointment form. I've also
confirmed the fact that this Appointment information shows up under the
Activities tab of each of the Contacts. On the Outlook Defined View in
Contacts, I've Customized Current View to include the fields Start, End,
Location but no appropriate data ever shows and can't be edited either.
These fields are also not available in Word when I try to Insert Merge
Fields.

Can you tell me how to link the Appointment data with the Contacts form/data
so that I can merge out letters and populate Name, Address as well as Start,
End, Location?

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Art

This is a re-post from the Outlook Discussion Board. My appologies for any
rules violations.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm I have not tried this
with custom views, but you can tell Outlook to merge the fields in the
current view so it may work. If not you may have to resort to programming
Outlook and for that you'll need the help of the experts in the Outlook
groups.