Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
VJ

Default Problem in mail merging in word 2003 with XP as OS and VB 6

Hi to all,

I have got an VB 6.0 application that uses word 2000 and dynamically
generates a document using mail merge. Actually this VB 6.0 generates a
text file with "~" as column delimeter. and there was an header file
which defines all header columns for the mail merge. So far its working
fine. Now the problem starts if I upgraded word 2000 to word 2003. When
Im trying to generate a document using dynamic mail merge using VB 6.0
all of sudden a dialog box appearing like choose column delimeter and
record delimeter. I got surprised seeing like this. It suppose not to
pop up. It should take the column delimeter automatically as how it was
working fine in word 2000. may I know how to surpress the delimeter
dialog box in 2003 and also it suppose to take the "~" as delimeter.

here we are upgraded to Win XP and Office 2003.
since then I am facing this problem.

Thanks in advance.
VJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You may need to change the List Separator in the Control PanelRegional and
Language OptionsRegional OptionsCustomize

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP