Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray the elder

Default some of my lines move outside of the left margin when I type

A number of lines in a document "shift" outside of the left margin when I
type. How do I correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Do you have a negative indent set? Choose Format - Paragraph. My indentation
settings are both 0. What are your indentation settings?

Mind you, they don't *have* to be 0, and sometimes a negative indentation is
precisely what you want (in some kinds of publishing & reports). But, if
you're having a _problem_ with lines extending too far to the left, then it
sounds like your indentation settings might be the problem.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com