Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
RichLeyshon RichLeyshon is offline

Default Automatically print part of a document

I want to create a document which displays small amounts of information on
each page, navigated by hyperlinks. However, I need a section at the end
which is a summary of all the information and can be printed without printing
all the other stuff.

Is there anyway that I can insert a button (or other control) that allows
the user to click it and have just this section printed without them manually
having to get the page numbers and type them into the Print dialog box?

Cheers,

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you insert a section break (Insert Break New page) between the
two parts of the document, then you can print the second part by
entering

s2

in the Pages box of the Print dialog. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...leSections.htm for
the full story.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 05:21:14 -0700, RichLeyshon
wrote:

I want to create a document which displays small amounts of information on
each page, navigated by hyperlinks. However, I need a section at the end
which is a summary of all the information and can be printed without printing
all the other stuff.

Is there anyway that I can insert a button (or other control) that allows
the user to click it and have just this section printed without them manually
having to get the page numbers and type them into the Print dialog box?

Cheers,

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
RichLeyshon RichLeyshon is offline

Thanks for that but what I wanted was a simple button or similar saying
"Print summary" that another user could click without needing to know abot
how to print a given section - they wouldn't know it was in sections or what
section number to print.

Regards,

Rich

wrote:

I want to create a document which displays small amounts of information on
each page, navigated by hyperlinks. However, I need a section at the end
which is a summary of all the information and can be printed without printing
all the other stuff.

Is there anyway that I can insert a button (or other control) that allows
the user to click it and have just this section printed without them manually
having to get the page numbers and type them into the Print dialog box?

Cheers,

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Your "simple button" would require a macro, and that just causes more
problems than it solves because of Word's macro security mechanism.

To work around that, you'd need to digitally sign the document. That's
workable if you're in a corporate environment where you have access to
a certificate server, but otherwise it'll cost about US$200/year to
buy a certificate from the likes of VeriSign or Thawte.

Unfortunately, in the world of Word, very little is simple.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

wrote:

I want to create a document which displays small amounts of information on
each page, navigated by hyperlinks. However, I need a section at the end
which is a summary of all the information and can be printed without printing
all the other stuff.

Is there anyway that I can insert a button (or other control) that allows
the user to click it and have just this section printed without them manually
having to get the page numbers and type them into the Print dialog box?

Cheers,

Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sounds like you may want to look into software for creating PDFs from your
docs?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac