richard via OfficeKB.com

Default Mail Merge Dropping leading zeros

Hello -

I have a customer that is using MailMerge tp import zip codes into a table

When the feild is over 5 digits, i.e zip codes plus postal codes, it treats
it as alphebetic and all is well. However, the 5 digit zips are treated as
numeric and any and or all *leading* zeros get dropped.

I have been unable to recreate this in my lab... any ideas?

thanks in advance.

richard

Doug Robbins

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP