koneko_chan80

Default Why, when mail merging addresses, does the zip code not show up?

When I am doing a mail merge, the comma in the address shows up before the
city and the zip code doesn't show up at all. What can I do to fix it? I
have tried putting apostrophes before the zero-starting zip codes.

This is the format I get:
first-name last-name
address
, city state

This is what I entered in the mail merge:
first-name last-name
address
city, state zip
koneko_chan80

After about 7 hours of fiddling, I found the problem. The person who entered
data into the excel document I was using skipped a column after the home
address instead of widening the home address column. So then, when word
entered the mail merge info, it was matching the city to a blank column, the
state to the city, the zip code to the state column, etc. Fixed that and
everything was fine again. Apparently, word doesn't match the title to what
is under it but instead to the next column in line.