Alex

Default Can I set up the data source for mail merge to be an embedded exc.

Well, I have to set-up a document using mail merge and then redistribute it.
I'd like to redistribute a single file, so I decided to embed the excel sheet
used as data source in the same document. It seems it is not possible to
refer to this embedded sheet when creating the data source... Or I'm missing
something?
If someone knows how to do this, please answer.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
Doug Robbins

What you are trying to do is not possible. The datasource must be separate
from the mailmerge main document.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP