Karen

Default Merge & Labels

When I create merge labels, why does Word place an extra blank line after the
last line of the address. When I have content that barely fits the label, I
usually have to delete that line. The symbol on that line is a circle with 2
"horns" up top and 2 on the bottom of the circle. If I've got a lot of
labels, that's a lot of deleting. Word 2003.

TIA,

Karen
Karen Hart

Hi from another Karen!
Have you tried turning on your paragraph symbols to see if there is an extra
hard return in the form document?
Karen Hart

"Karen" wrote in message
When I create merge labels, why does Word place an extra blank line after
the
last line of the address. When I have content that barely fits the label,
usually have to delete that line. The symbol on that line is a circle with
2
"horns" up top and 2 on the bottom of the circle. If I've got a lot of
labels, that's a lot of deleting. Word 2003.

TIA,

Karen

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes, I have. In the empty label merge document, there is nothing. After the
merge, when para symbols is on is when I see the funny circle with the
horns. If I delete it, it removes the blank line.

"Karen" wrote in message
When I create merge labels, why does Word place an extra blank line after
the
last line of the address. When I have content that barely fits the label,
usually have to delete that line. The symbol on that line is a circle with
2
"horns" up top and 2 on the bottom of the circle. If I've got a lot of
labels, that's a lot of deleting. Word 2003.

TIA,

Karen

Karen Hart

Karen: Does this mean you have resolved your problem? If not, what "it" are
you referring to when you say "If I delete it, it removes the blank line."
If you delete the para symbol or the horns?
The other Karen