Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
riri riri is offline

Default Time shows up instead of a date

Hello,

I m merging some data in an excel sheet that in some fields I m
getting 12:00:00 AM instead of a date I have tried everything but
nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help out?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is often an indication of an empty field - From the Tools menu in Word,
select Options and then go to the General tab and check the box against the
"Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when you attach the data source to
the mail merge main document, you will be given the option of using the DDE
method of connection which should read the data as you have it formatted in
the table.

riri wrote:
Hello,

I m merging some data in an excel sheet that in some fields I m
getting 12:00:00 AM instead of a date I have tried everything but
nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help out?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
riri riri is offline

Hello again,

I checked this option in word and then I try to open my excel sheet
to get the date for the mergge but I still get the 12:00:00 AM in some
of the records..If I have only that record in the excel sheet it is
working fine without giving me any 12:00:00AM. Therefore the fields
that appear with 12:00:00 AM are not empty. Is there any other
solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance