Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ellen ellen is offline

Default windows mail does not work in office 2007

May 2007 bought new laptop "Vista" it came with Windows Mail....In June
bought the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007....After installation, the
Powerpoint program and the One Note program work great....it does access the
windows mail contact list...but "Word" nor "Excel" will access the Windows
mail contact list. All I get is "Unable to obtain list of tables from
source....It looks like it's trying to access Outlook, which I dont have....
when I click on email...all that shows up is a fax deal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I know you could not use the Word Address book with Outllook
Express (unless its address book was shared with the full Outlook), and I
don't think you can set it up to work with its Vista successor (Windows
Mail) either.

Although the technical reason is that Word requires a MAPI-compliant address
book, and the Outlook Express/Vista Mail address book is not MAPI-compliant,
this limitation has always seemed rather strange to me.

Peter Jamieson