Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michael Williams Michael Williams is offline

Default Mail merge filters on office 2007 fail on multiple levels

I have a list of mailing addresses. I need to filter typically on the sex of
the student as we run 2 schools. (Boys & Girls) I use Excel to track the
status of the students accounts and if they owe us anything. I am attempting
to send out reminders to those who we are waiting for. So my filter needs to
be "Status=Blank and Sex=M " to send out a letter with the correct letter
head etc.

The list shows just the boys with a blank status. When I exit the filter
window with the list populated and either print, e-mail or preview I see the
girls listed. When I return to the filter list the filter added an extra "or
status=blank".

I had to manually select the name I wanted to get my list done. However even
after manually checking the box I had the exact same experiance and had to
clear the filter 4 times before it worked. I think there is something wrong
with the filter option or I am doing something completely wrong.

Mail Merge with Attachement Fail PS Mailmerge 9 March 28th 08 09:13 AM
Excel 2007 - Filters and Mail Merge [email protected] Mailmerge 1 June 13th 07 01:50 AM
Mail Merge Filters Jan L Mailmerge 4 June 1st 06 06:57 AM
Mail Merge Help Needed. Filters will not work. I am DESPERATE Dee Carpenter Mailmerge 1 January 9th 06 04:07 PM
Mail Merge Using Date Filters With SQL Data Source Jonathan Wareham Mailmerge 2 April 25th 05 10:08 AM