Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kim kim is offline

Default Return Address printing on envelopes

Have just upgraded to Office 2007 and for some reason when I print envelopes
with a return address default, the address is not printing on the envelope.
Is this a bug in the new version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is nothing wrong with the envelope function per se, but you have not
given enough information to even guess at what might be wrong. Is this a
mail merge - given that this is a mailmerge forum? See if the envelope
templates at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm work and see if
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm helps identify your
formatting issue.

Kim wrote:
Have just upgraded to Office 2007 and for some reason when I print
envelopes with a return address default, the address is not printing
on the envelope. Is this a bug in the new version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kim kim is offline

In 2003 I could just open a word document and go to envelope which was set to
DL with my return address default already setup. Then type in address or use
the address book and print. In 2007 I do the same thing and the default
return address is showing but doesn't print on the envelope. No I do not have
the omit box checked. This is not mail merge. I see in mail merge you have to
setup the envelope and save it as a main document.

Kim wrote:
Have just upgraded to Office 2007 and for some reason when I print
envelopes with a return address default, the address is not printing
on the envelope. Is this a bug in the new version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you add the envelope to a document, does the envelope document display
the return address?
Check the format or the Envelope Return paragraph style. Is it formatted as
hidden or white or anything other than black? Did you checkout the links I
posted?
I can't reproduce the problem here.

Kim wrote:
Have just upgraded to Office 2007 and for some reason when I print
envelopes with a return address default, the address is not printing
on the envelope. Is this a bug in the new version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kim kim is offline

I added it to a document and have the envelope size set to DL as usual. But
when I print it prints far to the left of the envelope and cuts off most of
the return address. Margins are set to auto for the return and delivery
address.