Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
needhelp needhelp is offline

Default How do I print addresses directly on a newsletter with mail merge?

I am interested in sending out newsletters to customers. I want to print the
newsletters, and then trifold them. I want to print the addresses directly
onto the newsletters to cut costs in labels and envelopes. What would be the
most efficient way of doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you're trifolding A4/US Letter paper, you probably need to print your
newsletter in portrait orientation, put your address in a text box (or
old-style Word frame) so that it is always in the same place. Precisely
where that should be depends on the envelopes, but in essence
a. getting the distance from the left side of the sheet is probably the key
point (otherwise you have to fold vertically as well as horizontally
b. it should be reasonably obvious how to position the address vertiacally
so that when you fold the newsletter, it fits in the envelope without moving
up or down too much - if you experiment, you may for example notice that you
can always find a way to fold a piece of paper that is between two and three
times as tall as the envelope so that the resulting piece of paper just fits
the envelope and the address displays in the window. After that, it's more a
case of working out how to do it consistently.

Peter Jamieson