Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hogan Hogan is offline

Default mail merge missing records

My problem is similar to marti's. I'm working with Excel 2003 and Word 2003,
merging into labels. Out of 2000 records, only 15 Zip Codes are being merged.
Data appears in Excel spreadsheet but is not appearing in Mail Merge
Receipients window. What should I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted in the table.

Hogan wrote:
My problem is similar to marti's. I'm working with Excel 2003 and
Word 2003, merging into labels. Out of 2000 records, only 15 Zip
Codes are being merged. Data appears in Excel spreadsheet but is not
appearing in Mail Merge Receipients window. What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hogan Hogan is offline

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it didn't work. I wasn't given
the option of using DDE. Other suggestions?

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab

Hogan wrote:
My problem is similar to marti's. I'm working with Excel 2003 and
Word 2003, merging into labels. Out of 2000 records, only 15 Zip
Codes are being merged. Data appears in Excel spreadsheet but is not
appearing in Mail Merge Receipients window. What should I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See the Excel Data section of
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm Do you get the
dialogs shown there?

Hogan wrote:
Thanks for the response, but unfortunately it didn't work. I wasn't
given the option of using DDE. Other suggestions?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the
General tab and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at