Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cris in PB Cris in PB is offline

Default Printing merge document error

I am trying to print a list of clients. When my reports print I lose one
client when the report pages to a new page. I tried inserting a page break
on the document but I still lose a client and have a blank page between the
report pages. (My merge data is in excel format) Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

How is your mail merge main document set up?

My guess is that you have set a Next record field followed by the
fields you want for each client, repeated a number of times down the page.
Because Word always moves to a new record automatically when it starts a new
copy of the mail merge main document, you don't need a Next record
before the /first/ record. But in any case, if my guess is correct, you
probably need to redesign the merge as a "Directory" merge and only have
/one/ copy of those client fields, and no Next record fields at all.

Peter Jamieson