Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jklpebbles jklpebbles is offline

Default Unwanted duplicated addresses populating in document - Labels

New to 2003 Mail Merge.
When the merge takes place, the addresses are duplicated 2, maybe 3 times in
groups of 5 or 6 with single addresses between. For Example: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
6, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 12, 13, 14, 15,
16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 24, etc.

Can anyone suggest why there is a varied, but repeating pattern?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See where what you are doing differs from
The probable reason is that have not completed the merge but are viewing the
source document. You must merge to the printer or to a new document. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...#only_one_page

jklpebbles wrote:
New to 2003 Mail Merge.
When the merge takes place, the addresses are duplicated 2, maybe 3
times in groups of 5 or 6 with single addresses between. For
Example: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10, 12,
13, 14, 15, 16, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 18, 19,
20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 24, etc.

Can anyone suggest why there is a varied, but repeating pattern?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jklpebbles jklpebbles is offline

THANK you!!! I don't find Word's help to be very 'help' full. I appreciate
you MVP people already!! You're tutorial of sorts with the wonderful screen
tear outs is just GREAT! Microsoft could take a lesson!

jklpebbles wrote:
New to 2003 Mail Merge.
When the merge takes place, the addresses are duplicated 2, maybe 3
times in groups of 5 or 6 with single addresses between. For
Example: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10, 12,
13, 14, 15, 16, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 18, 19,
20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 24, etc.

Can anyone suggest why there is a varied, but repeating pattern?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I suspected it must have been my site you referred to in a post I have just
responded to. Now that you have found this forum, you know where to come
when you need help on thorny Word problems.

jklpebbles wrote:
New to 2003 Mail Merge.
When the merge takes place, the addresses are duplicated 2, maybe 3
times in groups of 5 or 6 with single addresses between. For
Example: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10,
12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 18,
19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 24, etc.

Can anyone suggest why there is a varied, but repeating pattern?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jklpebbles jklpebbles is offline

Yes. Yes I do. I have it saved in my favorites since I'm sure I will need
it when Microsoft's Help doesn't cut the mustard.

Thank you again. Much.