Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jklpebbles jklpebbles is offline

Default Pattern your Help after MVP's 'tutorials'!!!! PLEASE!!

I struggled with Word's Help to learn 2003's version of Mail Merges for
literal hours at work. I cannot download the players required to do your
complete practices etc, since it's a work computer, and was getting nowhere.

I found the discussion threads which was responded to by an MVP. His page
was set up step by step VERY clearly with a screen shot 'tear off' for EVERY
step. It was so clear. And I couldn't even find my questions in your Help.
If you want us to be able to use your programs fully, please pattern your
Help after what the MVP's are doing. They just took a huge weight off my
shoulder, being unable to complete this work task until they answered my
question.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That's what these forums, and contributors web sites, are for

jklpebbles wrote:
I struggled with Word's Help to learn 2003's version of Mail Merges
for literal hours at work. I cannot download the players required to
do your complete practices etc, since it's a work computer, and was
getting nowhere.

I found the discussion threads which was responded to by an MVP. His
page was set up step by step VERY clearly with a screen shot 'tear
off' for EVERY step. It was so clear. And I couldn't even find my
questions in your Help. If you want us to be able to use your
programs fully, please pattern your Help after what the MVP's are
doing. They just took a huge weight off my shoulder, being unable to
complete this work task until they answered my question.

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jklpebbles jklpebbles is offline

It just seems that a company as large as Microsoft could afford to pay people
to do what you do, or at the very least make THEIR help more user friendly.
We ARE trying to use THEIR product. )

"jklpebbles" wrote:

I struggled with Word's Help to learn 2003's version of Mail Merges for
literal hours at work. I cannot download the players required to do your
complete practices etc, since it's a work computer, and was getting nowhere.

I found the discussion threads which was responded to by an MVP. His page
was set up step by step VERY clearly with a screen shot 'tear off' for EVERY
step. It was so clear. And I couldn't even find my questions in your Help.
If you want us to be able to use your programs fully, please pattern your
Help after what the MVP's are doing. They just took a huge weight off my
shoulder, being unable to complete this work task until they answered my
question.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The problem is that there is too much help provided to the extent that it
becomes hard to access what you really require.

"jklpebbles" wrote:

I struggled with Word's Help to learn 2003's version of Mail Merges
for literal hours at work. I cannot download the players required
to do your complete practices etc, since it's a work computer, and
was getting nowhere.

I found the discussion threads which was responded to by an MVP.
His page was set up step by step VERY clearly with a screen shot
'tear off' for EVERY step. It was so clear. And I couldn't even
find my questions in your Help. If you want us to be able to use
your programs fully, please pattern your Help after what the MVP's
are doing. They just took a huge weight off my shoulder, being
unable to complete this work task until they answered my question.

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SWDWS SWDWS is offline

Yeah, it's much better to use 14 search engines and get 14 million different
hits, 13,999,926 of which aren't relevant.
Dana