Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
news.microsoft.com[_4_] news.microsoft.com[_4_] is offline

Default How to ask a modified style be affected on current document

Hello

I have a long document created in HTML, opened in MS Word 2003 and saved as
a doc

It seems it is using "Normal", "Normal (Web)" and "Heading 3" styles.

I want to set the font and paragraph properties of the above styles and then
the modified styles take effect in current (long) document. What is the best
practice?

Thanks in advance.
Hamed

P.S. Sorry to send to multiple groups. I don't know to what topic does this
problem is related.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If I understand you correctly, open the document and modify the styles
therein. If you want to create all future new documents based on the
template with the same styles, check the 'add to template' box in the format
style dialog.

news.microsoft.com wrote:
Hello

I have a long document created in HTML, opened in MS Word 2003 and
saved as a doc

It seems it is using "Normal", "Normal (Web)" and "Heading 3" styles.

I want to set the font and paragraph properties of the above styles
and then the modified styles take effect in current (long) document.
What is the best practice?

Thanks in advance.
Hamed

P.S. Sorry to send to multiple groups. I don't know to what topic
does this problem is related.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Hamed Hamed is offline

I modify it but the new settings is not taken in effect for the text that is
in the document now. I want it to be updated too.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.programming
DeanH DeanH is offline

It sounds that you have some manual formatting applied to the text in your
document for these specific styles. Modifying the styles sometimes does not
take affect because of the manual formatting.
You can use the Ctrl+Spacebar, which removes any manual formatting and
returns all the text selected to its base style settings, which now would be
the newly modified styles. For speed you can select the whole document
(Ctrl+A), then Ctrl+Spacebar, but this will remove all manual formatting for
all styles which you may not want.
Depending on the version of Word you are using, you could use the Find,
Select All, searching for the style, then Ctrl+Spacebar. Or use the Replace,
Find style, Replace with the same style. This should re-instate the new style.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Hamed" wrote:

I modify it but the new settings is not taken in effect for the text that is
in the document now. I want it to be updated too.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.programming
Hamed Hamed is offline

Thanks DeanH
It seems your opinion is true. This resets all formatting and then any new
formatting takes effect.

RegARDS

Hamed