Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Default Alignment of Inserted documents

Hi, I'm using a program that works essentially like a mail-merge program,
and can insert documents and populate keyword fields.

I have a document containing keywords which will perform some IF
calculations and populate the results into the document, this text is left
aligned, format is Arial 11.

This document is also merged into other documents, and works fine in
general. I also need to use it in a document where the document is inserted
into a table which requires the results to be left aligned, and formatted in
Arial 8.

No matter what I've tried, following the merge, the results in the table
retain the original document settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Xanbaby,

If you define a paragraph Style (eg named 'TblStyle') in your:
.. source document for the table cells, with the text left aligned, Arial 11,
.. target document with the text left aligned, Arial 8,
the Style definition applied to the target document should override that of the source document when the table data are merged into
that document.

--
Cheers
macropod