Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jen[_5_] Jen[_5_] is offline

Default tables lose formatting

I have a problem that I assume means I have a corrupt doc, but just
wanted to double check.

Periodically, I do some work on a large document, and suddenly, ALL
tables lose their formatting. Gridlines, shading, fonts, etc.
Usually the work involves modifying styles, but not modifying the
applied table style. And once this happens, the tables are hosed for
good - even closing the doc without saving results in messed up
tables.

I have a macro to go through and clean up the tables after the fact,
but its pretty annoying. Has anyone experienced this, and found ways
to avoid or fix it?

lose formatting Quiltlady Microsoft Word Help 1 August 28th 08 05:14 PM
lose formatting Wendy Microsoft Word Help 1 September 11th 07 11:35 PM
why do tables lose formatting when saved and then re-opened? Specgirl Tables 2 April 11th 06 09:30 PM
lose formatting Cathy Mailmerge 0 April 1st 05 06:11 PM
Tables lose formatting when opening Word 2002 with Word 97 doc DH Tables 1 December 5th 04 11:44 AM