Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Todd Todd is offline

Default text form field

I created a word form and was wondering how I can make it where when someone
is typing in the information in a field and they get to the end of the field
it doesn't space the field down and add another line. I know I can limit the
size of the text form field but even if the size I limit the field to can
extend past the table row/cell can I lock the row/cell so it won't move down
to the next line and have the text just not be visible?

Hope this makes sense.
--
Todd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Todd wrote:
I created a word form and was wondering how I can make it where when
someone is typing in the information in a field and they get to the
end of the field it doesn't space the field down and add another
line. I know I can limit the size of the text form field but even if
the size I limit the field to can extend past the table row/cell can
I lock the row/cell so it won't move down to the next line and have
the text just not be visible?

Hope this makes sense.

With the cursor in the cell, go to Table Table Properties Row. Check the
box for "Specify height" and enter a measurement big enough to show one line
of text but no more (which depends on the font size). Set the dropdown at
the right to "Exactly". Click OK.

This will behave as you described: It won't stop people from typing more
than a line of text, but only the first line will be visible.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman