Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ahdoj ahdoj is offline

Default Splitting row adds page break

I am working in W2003 in a table created by the government. I don't know what
version they used.

The table is 4-columns, multiple pages. The problem is that I need to add
some inside border lines across the columns. Every time I do this, it inserts
a page break.

There are no rows set for exact height, there are no paragraph line and page
controls. There is section of two merged cells (one row, two columns) but it
is above where I am trying to work.

Is this perhaps a 2007/2003 issue? Or is there something else I don't know
to look for.

Thanks in advance for you time and expertise!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

ahdoj was telling us:
ahdoj nous racontait que :

I am working in W2003 in a table created by the government. I don't
know what version they used.

The table is 4-columns, multiple pages. The problem is that I need to
add some inside border lines across the columns. Every time I do
this, it inserts a page break.

There are no rows set for exact height, there are no paragraph line
and page controls. There is section of two merged cells (one row, two
columns) but it is above where I am trying to work.

Is this perhaps a 2007/2003 issue? Or is there something else I don't
know to look for.

Thanks in advance for you time and expertise!

Before you add the inside horizontal border, how many rows are there in the
table?
How many rows on the current page?
Is the table set to not allow rows to break across pages?

--
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

When the gridlines are showing, do you see faint dotted lines where you want
the inside borders to be? If not, you may need to split the cells.

Pam