Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Christian[_2_] Christian[_2_] is offline

Default Linking cells / continue text in another cell

Hi!

I have a table with four cells:
R1C1 | R1C2
R2C1 | R2C2

Is there a way to have text written in R1C1 (row 1 column 1) continue
automagically in e.g. R2C2 when it reaches the cell's borders? (Much
like in linked text boxes?)

Thanks in advance,

Christian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

To accomplish this, you will have to insert linked text boxes in the cells.
You can set the Text Wrapping to "In line with text" so that the text boxes
are in fact inside the cells (and remove the text box borders of course).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi!

I have a table with four cells:
R1C1 | R1C2
R2C1 | R2C2

Is there a way to have text written in R1C1 (row 1 column 1) continue
automagically in e.g. R2C2 when it reaches the cell's borders? (Much
like in linked text boxes?)

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Christian[_2_] Christian[_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan,

It's working fine, thank you!
The only problem is that when I tab through the cells I end up
overwriting the text boxes. Any remedy to that?

Thanks again,

Christian

"Christian" wrote in message

Hi!

I have a table with four cells:
R1C1 | R1C2
R2C1 | R2C2

Is there a way to have text written in R1C1 (row 1 column 1) continue
automagically in e.g. R2C2 when it reaches the cell's borders? (Much
like in linked text boxes?)

Thanks in advance,

Christian- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Not that I can think of, unfortunately.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Christian" wrote in message

Hi!

I have a table with four cells:
R1C1 | R1C2
R2C1 | R2C2

Is there a way to have text written in R1C1 (row 1 column 1) continue
automagically in e.g. R2C2 when it reaches the cell's borders? (Much
like in linked text boxes?)

Thanks in advance,

Christian- Hide quoted text -

Linking Cells between tables in one document LTI Tables 1 May 20th 09 05:25 AM
How to continue text within a cell beyond one page? kinetic Tables 2 March 21st 07 08:55 PM
Linking cells in tables deb Tables 1 January 23rd 07 11:22 AM
Table cell text does not continue onto the next page KAB Tables 3 October 18th 06 11:28 PM
Linking Excel cells to a Word document jada Mailmerge 3 November 14th 05 08:17 PM