Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Laura Battarbee Laura Battarbee is offline

Default Table Style not inheriting from normal.dotm

Hello,

I have created a custom table style in Word 2007 and saved it in the
normal.dotm and selected the option to make it available for any documents
based on the template. When I create a blank document based on normal the
table style is available.

I have a series of other templates that I need the same custom table style
to be available in. The table style does not seem to inherit to these other
templates like I would expect it to.

Is there a way to have the one custom table style be available for all? or
do I have to re-create the table style in each table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

You can use the organizer (styles pane manage styles import/export) to
copy styles from one document to another.

Laura Battarbee wrote:
Hello,

I have created a custom table style in Word 2007 and saved it in the
normal.dotm and selected the option to make it available for any documents
based on the template. When I create a blank document based on normal the
table style is available.

I have a series of other templates that I need the same custom table style
to be available in. The table style does not seem to inherit to these other
templates like I would expect it to.

Is there a way to have the one custom table style be available for all? or
do I have to re-create the table style in each table?

table style takes the font settings from my normal style rather thanmy theme style Officegirl Page Layout 9 May 16th 09 06:20 AM
Normal.dotm and NormalEmail.dotm John Mailmerge 4 February 18th 09 03:38 PM
Normal.dotm Ed K Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 08 03:31 AM
Styles incorrectly inheriting from another style in tables christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com New Users 7 November 9th 07 08:24 PM
Convert normal.dot in W2000 to normal.dotm in W2007 Why did I update Microsoft Word Help 3 August 8th 07 09:42 PM