Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
djb djb is offline

Default I can't delete shading without deleting cell borders

(Word 2007) I was supposed to delete the shading from some tables that had
just a few cell borders. I highlighted the rows and selected "no color" on
the Shading tab of Borders and Shading and clicked OK, resulting in the
borders *and* the shading being deleted. I tried it again and looked at the
Borders tab before clicking OK. I saw that the borders diagram on the right
showed no border lines, rather than the greyed-out lines that should appear
when some of the cells have borders and others don't.

How do I get just the shading to disappear without getting rid of the
borders? Does it matter how the borders were applied to begin with?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hmm, I can't fully reproduce what you are describing... I do notice that
options in the dialog box don't seem to be greyed out, which they should
when the cells in a selection has more than one setting applied to them, but
I can't seem to "trick" Word into removing *borders* when I'm changing the
*shading*.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP