Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DEAN DEAN is offline

Default shift plus hyphen keys

In word document, when I type using the shift+hyphen keys, nothing shows. I
was trying to type a line for a table. What do I need to do in order to get
the line to show up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Dean: what are "shift+hyphen keys"? Please can you describe exactly what you
are trying to do and how. When you say "line" do you mean text or underlining
text or a border of a table or drawing a line manually?
Also what version of Word are you using, this usually helps with suggesting
solutions to problems.
All the best
DeanH

"Dean" wrote:

In word document, when I type using the shift+hyphen keys, nothing shows. I
was trying to type a line for a table. What do I need to do in order to get
the line to show up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Ordinarily, the Shift+Hyphen would produce an underline. Although it is
possible to create tables with underlines and other characters (pipes,
maybe?) if "Tables" is checked on the AutoFormat As You Type tab of Tools |
AutoCorrect Options, this has always seemed to me a rather painful approach.
Insert Table is much simpler!

http://word.mvps.org