Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
debbie M debbie M is offline

Default Pasted rows cause separate table

Has anyone had this scenario occur, and is there a way to fix it? I have had
this happen in both 2003 and 2007:

I am working on a table, and am frequently copying and pasting rows from one
position to another.

Occasionally, pasting rows causes the table to separate into two tables,
even though the pasted rows are still joined to the row above (no paragraph
break between). Visually, there ls a dark border where the two tables are
separated.

A header row set to repeat will not repeat after the point where the €śsplit€ť
is.

Typically this tends to happen when the table has some rows with merged
columns.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It seems as if the table has been separated by a continuous section break.
To verify this, first display nonprinting marks (for example by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+8), and then switch to Normal view (Draft view in Word 2007). You
can select and delete the section break and the tables should merge.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Debbie M" Debbie wrote in message
Has anyone had this scenario occur, and is there a way to fix it? I have
had
this happen in both 2003 and 2007:

I am working on a table, and am frequently copying and pasting rows from
one
position to another.

Occasionally, pasting rows causes the table to separate into two tables,
even though the pasted rows are still joined to the row above (no
paragraph
break between). Visually, there ls a dark border where the two tables are
separated.

A header row set to repeat will not repeat after the point where the
"split"
is.

Typically this tends to happen when the table has some rows with merged
columns.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Juliana Q Juliana Q is offline

If only my table saw your post.

When I displayed the the nonprinting marks & displayed the Normal view, I
could only see 1 of the 6 breaks & I deleted it.

None of the breaks were deleted - not even the one I actually deleted - &
the table didn't merge into 1 table. Only the code was deleted from the
screen in the Normal view.

Did I miss something?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you want to, I can take a look at the document. You can send it to
.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP